Universal Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum and Posting Rules and Guidelines

Go down

Forum and Posting Rules and Guidelines Empty Forum and Posting Rules and Guidelines

Post  AntiPion Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Hello all, and welcome, welcome to Universal Roleplay.
To all new to this site, this is one which covers all franchises of roleplay. Well, no. I'm lying there. It's all Safe For Work. So, bug off Roleplay rapists, and anyone who wants to do NSFW... Stuff, keep it in PM's. If you put it in plain sight, you'll be banned for a week on your first offense, two on your second, and so on. Oh, and the posts will be deleted, and any threads started with sexual intent. Some people here ain't legal yet, y'know.
If you all play nicely anyway, I won't have to tell you all this stuff following, but sadly, there's people around who don't play nice. I try to be as lax permissive as possible, but there's some things that just demand taking care of.

Posting Rules & Guidelines
  • All posted materials need to be worksafe. No non-work safe stuff at all.
  • If it's not your site, do NOT hotlink images from it. If you see an image from another site, save it then upload it to a image hosting service such as TinyPic or ImageShack.
  • If you are posting images please limit your image's size. Some people still don't have too good an internet connection (me, on my phone), and if it's a bit big, then thumbnail and/or link to it.
  • Please try to post threads and replies in proper language. You don't have to have perfect grammar, but good spelling and punctuation are helpful if we are trying to understand you. Unless your character is speaking, then accents are fine, as long as we can understand you.
  • One word or off-topic replies are frowned upon. Try not to do this too much, though you can do it as much as you want in the Loony Asylum.
  • Try to post your stuff in the appropriate areas. You may find it moved from out under your noses if you don't. If you're unsure where to put something, then PM a Moderator or myself.

Arrr! Piracy!
This site has a zero tolerance rule on piracy. We know you can download games, music and other stuff for free from any place on the web, but we will not facilitate it or enable it here.
  • No links or torrents to pirated/copyrighted items. This includes linking to sites that would give info or access to obtaining copyrighted works. If it's not yours and you don't have permission to post it, DON'T. Though, if it's ALL your own work, and NONE of it's copyrighted or belongs to others, by all means, post it in the Tech Showcase.
  • No threads asking for support for pirated games and software. If you pirate it, you're on your own for fixing problems related to it.

Don't ask for pirated stuff, and don't tell people how to get them or that you have a pirated copy simply put. This rule is NOT negotiable. Breaking this will result in a permanent ban.

Roleplay Etiquette
  • Please, please, PLEASE use proper grammar when you're roleplaying here. No txt tlkin. End of.
  • No one-liners. Nothing infuriates people more than typing out a god-knows-how-long action and you take all of two seconds to reply with your character saying a singular word, or doing nothing. Too many of these and I'll make a newbie area, and ban you from posting in other areas until you shape up. It's not that hard to make your character do something. They're not a mannequin. Unless they are. But who'd roleplay a mannequin?
  • No god-modding. No taking control of other's characters. It's just plain rude. And you have to be able to be hurt by something. You just can't dodge everything or not take any damage from an attack. Hell, the amount of times gods get killed in fictional stuff. And they're supposed to be omnipotent. Your character, even if they are a god, has to be able to be hit by something. Repeated offenses will mean you'll be confined to the n00b area. Anyone under this restriction will have this degrading symbol on their forum profile. Anyone who posts in other areas after that will have their posts deleted. Anyone who continues to do so before I remove that will be banned.
  • No OoC-ness in the Roleplay forums. PM's are to be used for questions during roleplay. No smilies in Roleplays either. They're annoying, and a N00B-able offense.
  • Out of respect for other roleplayers, if their story is well under way, don't jump in and spoil it on them. If you do this, and they complain to me some way or another, I'll delete your post, and send you a PM telling you why. Also, if you don't want people jumping in at all, put *PRIVATE* before the title, and then a list of characters that should be in the roleplay. Someone taking part in the roleplay can, with the permission of everybody else in that scenario, invite someone else to join in. The Mods and I may be checking from time to time, so make sure you update the character list every time someone is invited with permissions. You don't need to post the permissions, I'll give you's the benefit of the doubt. But if you do allow someone else in and someone objects, that's worth a bit of probation. And the new person's posts in that scenario will be eradicated.
  • And for the love of god, please have some originality. I'm only tolerating ten copies of one canon character, and that is that. Use your grey matter for once. So if there's, I dunno, ten Sonic the Hedgehogs (we all know there's a godawful amount of them), and you roleplay Sonic the Hedgehog, sorry, no dice. (Sorry to all Sonic the Hedgehog roleplayers. It was the first thing that came to mind.)

RIGHT! Enough of my yapping. GET TO IT, PEOPLE!
AntiPion
AntiPion
High Admin
High Admin

Franchise(s) Roleplaying : Metroid, though will partake in any franchise apart from Twilight.

Inventory
Licenses:
Equipment:
Items:

https://universalroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down